Here is an excerpt from the article about Charter College in 13 April’s Roodepoort Northsider:
Charter College celebrates a decade of dedication!
Charter College International High School opened its doors in January 2008. As we celebrate our 10th anniversary this year, I look back with pride at how the school has grown. Ten years ago, Honeydew was very different to what it is now. There were many plots, dirt roads and far less traffic. What is now Charter College was part of the semi-agricultural landscape. After much hard work and preparation, the school opened its doors with a total of 36 students, in Grades 8 and 9. We have grown over the past 10 years, not only in the number of students and teachers we have, but new classrooms have been built, as well as roads and other infrastruc- ture, not to mention our beautiful park-like grounds,’ said Mrs CA Dodge, the Principal at Charter College.
- ‘Many traditions have been built, lasting friendships created and memories that we will have in our minds forever. As with all schools there are always a number of firsts that always remind us of the special times spent at Charter College
- The first set of Cambridge results
- The first Cambridge student at our school to achieve ‘Top in South Africa’
- Plumes of bright purple smoke billowing from the science lab … possibly from an over-enthusiastic science experiment
- Fairytale Matric farewells
- The first person to fall into the duck pond
- The first Tarzan, who soon discovered that wil- low trees are not as strong as he thought and also landed in the duck pond
Read the full article here.